6 Ways to Raise Kids Who Save Money Rather Than Just Spend It! by Rosina McAlpine
Children can learn about money and savings at a very young age. Here's how to start!
- As soon as kids can count, introduce them to money.
- You can talk about how you go to work to earn money, and how that money is spent when you go shopping.
- Get your kids a piggy bank and put money in it on a regular basis.
- Show them how their savings are growing, and that one day there will be enough to buy a toy, book or other item.
- Use the word “savings” as you add each coin.
- As your child grows, share your values about money, including why and how to save, how to make money grow and how to spend it wisely.
You can never start teaching kids about money too early!