How to Pick a Pumpkin: 5 Tips for Picking the Perfect Pumpkins at the Pumpkin Patch by Katie Lewis
It's pumpkin picking time! There may be nothing more fun to do with kids this time of year. How to make sure you get a good one? Here are tips to do it right:
- Look for pumpkins without mush. Feel your pumpkins before buying them. A pumpkin can look great on the outside, but mush will cause a pumpkin to rot faster.
- Make sure your pumpkin is orange. Traditional and healthy pumpkins should be orange all over. Green on your pumpkin can mean that something is wrong with it, and it may be difficult to carve.
- Get a good handle. A pumpkin needs to have a hard stem, and it should have a strong handle for carrying.
- Make it a family affair. Let kids help choose their pumpkin.
- Capture the process. Have fun and take lots of pictures!
Related Products on Amazon We Think You May Like:
30Second Mobile, Inc. is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.