Family Transitions: 5 Ways to Help Your Older Child Adjust to the New Baby! by Kelly Wonderlin
6 years ago
Growing your family is an exciting time. Here are five tips to help your older child adjust to a new baby in the house!
- Ask Their Advice: "Do you think the baby would like to wear the blue shirt or yellow shirt?”
- Let Them Tell Baby a Story: Have your child help make a simple picture book about him and his new sibling.
- Watch the Baby Together: Invite your other child to observe the baby with you.
- Let Them Do Their Own Thing: If your child doesn’t want to be involved with the new baby, don’t push it.
- Keep to Your Child’s Routine: Consistency before and after Baby's arrival is key!
Sibling harmony will arrive before you know it!