5 Ways to Help Your Older Child Adjust to the New Baby! by Kelly Wonderlin
Growing your family is an exciting time. Here are five tips to help your older child adjust to a new baby in the house!
- Ask Their Advice: "Do you think the baby would like to wear the blue shirt or yellow shirt?”
- Let Them Tell Baby a Story: Have your child help make a simple picture book about him and his new sibling.
- Watch the Baby Together: Invite your other child to observe the baby with you.
- Let Them Do Their Own Thing: If your child doesn’t want to be involved with the new baby, don’t push it.
- Keep to Your Child’s Routine: Consistency before and after Baby's arrival is key!
Sibling harmony will arrive before you know it!