Pedal Boats: Why Paddle Boating Is a Fun Way to Exercise With Kids! by Ali Mathis
Finding time to exercise can be a challenge once you have children. Getting kids to enjoy exercise is a struggle for some families. If that's the case, you can try paddle-boating, a fun family activity that gives everyone a heart-healthy workout.
On a recent trip to Maryland, I was treated to an afternoon of paddle boating by my friend. We had a great time racing boats (OK, I'm not exactly sure she knew we were racing) and enjoying the scenery. We all had a blast, and by the end of our 30 minutes, my thighs were definitely feeling the burn! Fun and exercise for everyone – you can't beat that!
Do you live in the Washington, D.C., area or taking a trip there? Red Tricycle listed the top five parks in Washington, D.C., to go pedal boating. And they are:
- For the Monument Enthusiast: Tidal Basin Paddle Boats
- For the Peace Keeper: Centennial Park Boat Rentals
- For the Nature Lover: Lake Needwood Boats
- For the History Buff: Bladensburg Waterfront Park
- For the City Kid: Lake Accotink Park