Take Your Kids Apple Picking: 5 Tips for This Fun Fall Family Activity! by Katie Lewis
5 years ago
Add to collection
Apple picking is a fun family activity! Here are some tips to keep in mind when apple picking:
- Teach kids to remove any fallen apples that may be on the ground to keep them separate from fresh ones you pick. Apples that have been on the ground risk contamination.
- Pick apples from lower branches first to avoid having ladders or apples from upper branches falling and accidentally bruising them.
- When picking an apple, place your hand underneath the apple. The stem should break free from the spur. Avoid jerking/pulling the apple.
- Gently place apples in a bag or basket to avoid bruising.
- Store in a cool, dark area until ready to use.
Related Products on Amazon We Think You May Like:
Children's Books About Apples $4 & Up
Apple Corers $5 & Up
Apple Peelers $3 & Up
30Second Mobile, Inc. is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.