Growing Kids Holistically: 5 Areas Parents Need to Focus On! by Mei Marcie
3 years ago
Parents want their children to grow and thrive, but what exactly does that entail? Here are five areas I feel parents need to focus on!
- Emotional: Kids should develop their emotional intelligence (EQ) and understand, control and harness feelings.
- Interpersonal: Relating to others, communicating (including non-verbal), negotiating and empathy are all essential life skills.
- Intellectual: This should not be confined to just words, logic and math, but also include problem-solving.
- Creative: This includes music, arts, dance and being creative in problem-solving.
- Physical: Don't neglect nutrition, sleep, exercise and motor skills!
How do you grow your kids holistically?