Halloween Candy Overload: 5 Ways to Teach Kids a Balance! by Dawn Lantero
4 years ago
Kids love Halloween, but too much candy isn't good for them. What's a parent to do when faced with bags full of sweets?
- Donate it to our troops overseas.
- Find a church that is collecting it for the poor.
- Fill pinatas with it and save for parties.
- Allow kids to help decide what's a fair amount to keep and what should be shared.
- Help them recognize that it's not healthy for their bodies or their teeth to be gorging on candy.
Turn Halloween into a lesson on giving!