7 Tips to Make Your Baby's First Swim (& All the Ones After) Go Swimmingly for Everyone! by Mei Marcie
Baby’s first swim is an exciting and fun time for parents. But it's also a good idea to expose kids to swimming early for safety reasons.
- Consider swim diapers and a body-protecting swimsuit for your baby.
- Apply sunscreen if swimming outdoors.
- Be ready to bring your baby to a shower or bath immediately after to remove the chlorine from their sensitive skin.
- Be sure to keep Baby (and yourself) sufficiently hydrated before, during and after the swim.
- Babies tend to be hungry and tired after a swim, so be prepared with whatever you need to soothe them.
- Infant floats are a great way to introduce Baby to the water. But never leave them unattended in a float!
- Always supervise children when around water!
Get some rest after your fun dip in the pool. You and Baby will probably need it!
30Second Mobile, Inc. is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.