Lessons From “Become the Fire” on KATU/ABC-TV Portland: 5 Ways to Manifest the Life of Your Dreams by Elisa Schmitz, 30Seconds
Are you wondering how to take your ideas and make them realities? You’re not alone. Many people have lots of great ideas but, for one reason or another, they don’t follow through on them. To encourage more people to manifest the lives they want, I shared tips about how to live your dream life and achieve your goals with Kara Mack, host of Afternoon Live on KATU/ABC-TV in Portland, Oregon.
Kara and I had a lively discussion about the lessons in my book, Become the Fire: Transform Life’s Chaos into Business and Personal Success.
The lessons include:
- Be Visionary: the role of Situational Awareness
- Be Your Authentic Self: the role of Self-Awareness
- Be Comfortable with Being Uncomfortable: the role of Self-Confidence
- Be Courageous: the role of Motivation
- Be Friends with Failure: the role of Resilience
- Be a Maker: the role of Creativity
- Be Viable: the role of Capability
- Be Gritty: the role of Perseverance
- Be the Inspiration: the role of Leadership
- Be the Best: the role of Dedication
Here are the five ways to manifest the life of your dreams that Kara and I discussed, from the first five lessons in Become the Fire:
- Be Visionary: When you think about visionaries, you may think of larger-than-life people like Steve Jobs or Oprah Winfrey. But the truth is that anyone can be a visionary – a child, a mom, etc. The lesson that leads to being visionary is called situational awareness – using those chaotic moments of your life to heighten your awareness of what’s going around you. Use situational awareness not only to see threats, but also to see opportunities, ways to solve problems, find solutions and make life better. When you’re able to see around a corner, or see possibilities others may not see, that’s when you become visionary.
- Be Your Authentic Self: Self-awareness is incredibly important to becoming your authentic self. To own your authenticity, you have to become highly self-aware. That means knowing your strengths and weaknesses, understanding what lights you up and makes you feel passionate. That self-awareness – owning what is unique to you – can lead you to become your authentic self. When you own your authenticity, that’s when you can achieve more success.
- Be Comfortable with Being Uncomfortable: Most of us would prefer to not be uncomfortable. We avoid that awkward feeling of standing out and we strive to blend in whenever possible. But owning our differences, instead of feeling like we have to apologize for them, can help us develop the self-confidence we need to be comfortable in situations where others may not be. Being comfortable with being uncomfortable gives us an edge.
- Be Courageous: Fear is an important indicator that can help you decide when to take a risk to go after what you want. Your motivation is what drives your ability to be courageous. When you visualize your goal, and you become motivated to achieve it, that’s when you need to weigh the risk vs. the reward of going after what you want. If what you want matters to you enough, you may be willing to put yourself out there and take a risk to achieve it. Courage is feeling fear but being able to move forward instead of letting it hold you back.
- Be Friends with Failure: We all fail. What separates successful people is how they react to failure. Failure is life’s greatest teacher and the world’s greatest lesson. Every time we fail, we’re learning one way to not do something. So, each time you fail, you’re actually one step closer to success.
I hope you’ll watch this fun segment on Afternoon Live and let me know what you think!
Order your copy of Become the Fire: Transform Life’s Chaos into Business and Personal Success.
You can visit Elisa's author website at ElisaSchmitz.com, and learn more about her book on achieving career and life success at BecomeTheFire.com.
Note: 30Seconds is a participant in the Amazon affiliate advertising program and this post contains affiliate links, which means we may earn a commission or fees if you make a purchase via those links.
Take 30 seconds and join the 30Seconds community, and follow us on Facebook to get inspiration in your newsfeed daily. Inspire and be inspired.
Related Products on Amazon We Think You May Like:
Become the Fire: Transform Life's Chaos into Business and Personal Success (Audiobook) $18 or free with Audible trial
30Second Mobile, Inc. is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.