6 Tips for Managing Your Side Hustle From a Seasoned Side Hustler by Jessica L. Williams
I have been a side hustler for a long time and learned many lessons. Here are a few that may serve as tips for you as you are building your side hustle this year:
- Batching tasks is one of the best-kept productivity secrets in our business. So are timers.
- If you put good into the world, it’ll come back to you. It may not happen right away or in the way you expect, but please keep putting kindness and awesomeness into the world.
- What you say no to is just as important as what you say yes to. A friend of mine said, “Sometimes living a life of yes means saying no.”
- It’s essential to do the things that fill your soul with joy. Dancing is one of these things for me.
- Take steps out of your comfort zone. I’m not saying that you need to parachute out of a plane, because I will not be doing that. (S0 afraid of heights.) But do something that stretches you a little bit. Even if the experience sucks, you will have learned something that can serve you in the future.
- Success may look different to you, and that’s OK. A couple of years ago, I was so busy with the day job that I barely had time for my business. I wanted to do something consistently for my audience to provide value. That’s how the idea for my #jesspicks newsletter was born. I feel successful as long as I get an issue out every week.
What have you learned while building your side hustle? What would you add to this list?
Note: 30Seconds is a participant in the Amazon affiliate advertising program and this post contains affiliate links, which means we may earn a commission or fees if you make a purchase via those links.
Related Products on Amazon We Think You May Like:
30Second Mobile, Inc. is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.