How to Make Spooky Spider Cookies With Your Kids for Halloween! by Annette Jett
5 years ago
Spider cookies add a spooky trick-to-your-treat at a holiday party or as a centerpiece!
- black licorice
- cream-filled chocolate cookies
- chocolate, melted
- mini M&M's
- sprinkles (optional)
Here's how you make them:
- Cut strings of black licorice into 1- to 2-inch long pieces.
- Push four strings into each side of a cream-filled cookie.
- With tongs, dip the entire cookie into melted chocolate thinned with milk or water.
- Allow cookie bases and legs to dry on a baking rack or wax paper.
- Use mini-round candies as the eyes.
- Add height to the spider's back with a dollop of chocolate by using a filled pastry bag with a medium round tip.
- Let the kids help decorate their backs with sprinkles or stripes, or serve as is!