7 Signs Your Child May Be Ready for Potty Training (You Won't Believe Number 2!) by Dr. Heidi Renner
Potty training can be a great mystery for parents. I get all kinds of questions about when to start, and the best answer is that it really depends on the child. Children usually show readiness around the age of 2 or 3. Some potty training readiness signs are:
- they notice when they have wet or messy diapers;
- they might grunt or strain after meals;
- they wake-up from naps dry;
- they show interest in the potty chair or toilet;
- they express a desire to wear underwear;
- they can follow simple instructions; and
- they can dress and undress by themselves.
Good luck with it!