Teacher Appreciation: 2 Easy Ways Kids Can Make May Baskets for Their Teachers! by Charong Chow
Celebrate the blossoms of spring with an easy paper May basket. Here's how:
- Curl colored construction paper into a wide cone shape. Staple to secure.
- Cut another piece of paper that is about 2 inches wide and 5 inches long. This is the handle to your basket. Staple each end on either side of the open area of the paper cone.
- Create a flower bouquet from your garden or from a nature walk.
- Wrap the bottom of the stems with a damp paper towel and then cover with foil. Place the flowers into your May basket.
- Hang them from a door knob or give them to teachers, friends and relatives!
Another idea that's even easier to make is a construction paper basket (pictured). Here's how:
- Cut a basket shape out of construction paper.
- Cut flowers out of felt. Glue them on the paper basket.
- Glue a bow made of ribbon or felt to the top of the handle.
- If desired, cut different colored eggs out of construction paper and help your child write things they love about their teacher on each egg. Glue onto the basket.
Related Products on Amazon We Think You May Like:
30Second Mobile, Inc. is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.