All-Natural Easter Eggs: How to Dye Eggs With Spring Flowers (Really)! by Charong Chow
Those fizzing store-bought Easter egg dye tablets are old school. This year, try a more natural approach. One easy way is to:
- Collect colorful spring flowers, even dandelions.
- Place an uncooked egg on top of an old cloth napkin.
- Arrange the flowers and wrap the napkin around the egg.
- Tie two knots and boil it in water in a small saucepan for 15 minutes.
- Allow it to cool and unwrap to reveal the colored patterns.
Experiment with red cabbage and onion skins. Another idea is to boil colorful spices or produce, such as berries or paprika, with a little water to create natural dyes.
Take 30 seconds and join the 30Seconds community. Inspire ... and be inspired.
Related Products on Amazon We Think You May Like:
30Second Mobile, Inc. is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.