Editor’s Letter: How to Make "Not So Good Days" Not So Bad (Plus What’s Trending On 30Seconds This Week) by Elisa A. Schmitz 30Seconds
When you have health issues or chronic conditions, you have good days and not so good days. While on many days I am doing well, there are many other days that I struggle with underlying health issues. For nearly a decade, I’ve been battling a rare autoimmune disease as well as dysautonomia and a host of other related health conditions that affect my life. Some days, it’s things like migraines, joint pain or severe allergic reactions. Other days, it’s shooting and tingling pain throughout my body or wild, unrelenting swings in my heart rate and blood pressure that land me in the hospital.
Today is a not so good day, but I won't let that derail me. When I have a down day like this, I don't sit back and wait for inspiration. I look for ways to inspire myself. Remembering moments from good days is a great way to find inspiration. Today, I’m remembering time spent with my son and daughter a few weeks ago. We walked the beach, skipped stones and laughed. My daughter and I got our hair done together. I snapped these photos then because that was a good day.
Today, those memories are making this not so good day not so bad after all.
Another thing that helps on down days is gratitude. Through the pain, I count my blessings: my husband who’s at my side for every breath; my family who tries their best to be supportive; friends who have literally helped to keep me alive at particularly dire times; my work, colleagues and community, that give me a sense of purpose to inspire and be inspired; God and this great universe, who I stay connected to and rely upon to get through it all.
What makes "not so good days" not so bad for you? Please share!
Here's What's Trending On 30Seconds This Week
- Nutrition for Women: 10 Healthy Foods Women Should Eat Weekly (Plus 55 Recipes to Try!)
- Easy Tiramisu Ice Pops Recipe: OMG, This Frozen Tiramisu Recipe Is Amazing
- Don't Be a Houseplant: Why Women Should Grow Strong & Wild – Unapologetically
- Best Peach Blueberry Crisp Recipe: This Delicious Blueberry Peach Crisp Recipe Is Like Summer in a Bowl
- How to Integrate Holistic Health Into Your Daily Life: 5 Simple Wellness Activities to Include in Your Day
- Best Crispy Chicken Wings Recipe: The Secret to the Crispiest Chicken Wings Ever
- Valerie Bertinelli Viral Video About Body Shaming: A Personal Trainer Shares What She Thinks We Need to Promote Over Being Thin
- Raspberry Sorbet Recipe: This 5-Minute, 3-Ingredient Raspberry Sorbet Recipe Is Perfection
- Feeling Frazzled? Don’t Get Zapped! How to Get Grounded & Let Energy Flow Through You
- Egg Fried Rice Recipe: This Indian-Style Egg Rice Recipe Is in Your Bowl in Less Than 10 Minutes
- Anxiety & Stress Got You Down? Why You May Have Hiatal Hernia Syndrome & 17 Hiatal Hernia Symptoms to Watch For
Want to Contribute?
If you have some inspiration you'd like to share, we invite you to join our tribe and become a 30Seconds contributor. On 30Seconds, we realize that time is your most precious resource, and we’ll help you make the most of it. We look forward to having you join our thriving community. You can learn more about me at ElisaSchmitz.com, and get my inspiration for achieving career and life success at BecomeTheFire.com.
Want to Work With Us?
We work with companies we feel good about. To learn more, get in touch with us at email@example.com.
Take 30 seconds and join the 30Seconds community. Inspire and be inspired.