Editor's Letter: How a Maker Moves From Dreaming to Doing (Plus What's Trending On 30Seconds This Week) by Elisa A. Schmitz 30Seconds
Growing up in chaos, you learn to use your imagination to escape. You get creative and adaptable and find ways to thrive. Even after childhood, when life is chaotic and you don’t have the right tools or resources to help, you get good at dreaming of better times and better ways to do things. And, ultimately, that’s how you become a maker.
When you think of the term maker, you may picture a crafter, a woodworker, a metalworker, a designer, a DIYer, a hacker, a tinkerer. But when I think of a maker, I see someone who uses their imagination to picture an outcome or a solution – a product, service, business or charity the world needs. But a maker is someone who does more than just imagines. A maker moves from dreaming to doing. A maker actually makes something happen.
It takes a lot to come up with a viable idea. But it requires even more to take the idea and make it a reality. Having a maker mindset really helps. The mindset of a maker is innovative and entrepreneurial, with a dash of creativity to keep things interesting. Makers are problem solvers who don’t fear failure; rather, they seek to learn from their mistakes. Makers are resilient and resourceful, and what they don’t know, they figure out.
Makers can live with their heads in the clouds while keeping their feet on the earth. Their roots keep them firmly planted while they reach toward the sun. Makers try. Makers learn. Most of all, makers grow.
What can you make happen? The world can't wait to find out!
Here's What's Trending On 30Seconds This Week
- Watermelon Lemonade Recipe: Watermelon + Lemonade = Nothing Better on a Hot Summer Day
- The 7 Essential Strengths Kids Need to Thrive: Parenting Insights From Dr. Michele Borba
- Creamy Blueberry Custard Pie Recipe: This Easy Lemon Blueberry Pie Recipe Is Almost Too Pretty to Eat
- Honoring Dads On Father's Day: Fun Father's Day Facts & Gifts Ideas for That Special Dad
- Easy Fish Recipes: 30 Healthy Fish Recipes That You Have Got to Try
- The Best Days Ever: What Parenting (and Pancakes) Has Taught Me
- Toxic Relationships: 3 Ways to Get Out & Reground Yourself Using Ancient Wisdom in Modern Society
- Make-Your-Own Mojito Recipe: How to Create a Fun Mojito Bar
- Father's Day Coloring Pages: Free Printable Activity Pages to Color for That Special Dad
- Marshmallow Ice Cream Recipe: Just 3 Ingredients Makes a Heavenly Marshmallow Fluff Ice Cream
Want to Contribute?
If you have some inspiration you'd like to share, we invite you to join our tribe and become a 30Seconds contributor. On 30Seconds, we realize that time is your most precious resource, and we’ll help you make the most of it. We look forward to having you join our thriving community. You can learn more about me at ElisaSchmitz.com, and get my inspiration for achieving career and life success at BecomeTheFire.com.
Want to Work With Us?
We work with companies we feel good about. To learn more, get in touch with us at email@example.com.
Take 30 seconds and join the 30Seconds community. Inspire and be inspired.