Editor's Letter: Pull the Weeds & Watch Your Garden Thrive (Plus What's Trending On 30Seconds This Week) by Elisa Schmitz, 30Seconds
When you’re out there growing stuff – a garden, a career, a life – chances are, you’re going to encounter weeds. In the garden, they can show up as crabgrass or thistle. They may even try to pass themselves off as flowers, in the form of clover or dandelions.
Weeds can grow in personal and professional ways, too. In a career, they can show up as market fluctuations, a bad boss, colleague or employee, or haters trying to take you down. More personally, they can appear as health challenges, relationship issues or parenting struggles.
However they manifest in our lives, weeds are challenges to be overcome on the way to achieving a healthy garden, or a happy life. As gardeners, it’s tempting to focus just on the flowers or the vegetables; the aspects of our gardens that are pretty or that are enjoyable.
But as gardeners, we also need to be vigilant about tending to the weeds. If we let them take hold, they will grow until they threaten the life of our plants. And before we know it, our garden could be overrun, affecting the growth we’re trying to achieve.
Watch the weeds, my fellow gardeners. Get to the root and don’t feel bad about pulling them from your garden, one by one. Then watch your garden thrive.
Here's What's Trending On 30Seconds This Week
- No-Bake Coconut Crack Bars Recipe: This Amazing Coconut Bars Recipe Is Low Carb, Gluten Free & Dairy Free
- The Summer of (Self) Love: 8 Simple Self-love Activities to Kickstart Your Summer
- Lemon Vinaigrette Recipe: This Easy Lemon Salad Dressing Recipe Brightens Up Whatever It Touches
- Expert Q&A: How Can We Better Balance Career, Child Care & Family, Especially During a Pandemic?
- Easy Egg Salad Recipe: This Egg Salad With Dill Recipe Looks Fancy But Has Just 5 Ingredients
- Summer Learning Ideas for Kids: 4 Ways to Engage Kids During the Summer & Kick Boredom to the Curb
- Easy Chicken Recipe: This Chicken & Broccoli Stir Fry Recipe Is on the Table in 20 Minutes
- LGBTQ Bullying: Parents, Here Are 5 Tips to Help You Talk to Your Kids & Support Them
- 5-Minute Bean Salad Recipe: This Healthy White Bean Salad Recipe Has Protein Galore
- 3-Ingredient Chocolate Ice Cream Recipe: This No-Churn Chocolate Ice Cream Recipe Is What to Put in Your Cone
Want to Contribute?
If you have some inspiration you'd like to share, we invite you to join our tribe and become a 30Seconds contributor. On 30Seconds, we realize that time is your most precious resource, and we’ll help you make the most of it. We look forward to having you join our thriving community. You can learn more about me at ElisaSchmitz.com, and get my inspiration for achieving career and life success at BecomeTheFire.com.
Want to Work With Us?
We work with companies we feel good about. To learn more, get in touch with us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Take 30 seconds and join the 30Seconds community. Inspire and be inspired.