Math Games: How to Get the Kids Involved in Super Bowl® Sunday With Math! by Cheryl Leahy
A lot of math is involved in sports: scoring, ranking, odds. Super Bowl® is a good time to teach kids a mathematical lesson.
- Create a kids' board and let them pick their squares.
- Discuss what the odds are, add up the points together throughout the game.
- After the game, award the winners!
Let the kids keep track of all of the stats on a dry erase board:
- Who scored the most touchdowns?
- Who had the most passing yards?
- Who had the most rushing yards?
Make math fun by showing them how it applies to real life – they may not even realize they're learning!