Looking for the Right Lawyer for Your Divorce? 12 Questions to Help You Choose the Right Divorce Professional by Larry Sarezky Divorce Lawyer
Numerous factors go into choosing the right professional to help you through your divorce and/or custody determination. One of the best places to start is finding out how your friends rate their lawyers – and whether those ratings align with what you’re looking for. At the same time, you need to test the reliability of your friends’ opinions. If your friend recommends a lawyer, ask the following questions:
- Did the lawyer understand your goals and remember them as your case progressed?
- Were immediate concerns such as temporary support or visitation addressed quickly?
- How quickly did the lawyer respond to your emails and phone calls?
- Did you feel your questions were answered frankly and in a way you could understand?
- Were you sufficiently prepared for settlement negotiation and court proceedings?
- Did you feel that you were kept informed of the progress of your case?
- Did the lawyer seem confident and persuasive in depositions, hearings and settlement conferences?
- Did you feel that the lawyer’s staff and associate attorneys were knowledgeable?
- Did you feel that the lawyer made a meaningful effort to settle your case?
- Did you feel that your lawyer tried to move the case along?
- Did you feel that the billing practices were fair?
- What did you like most/least about your lawyer?
The content on 30Seconds.com is for informational and entertainment purposes only, and should not be considered legal advice. The opinions or views expressed on 30Seconds.com do not necessarily represent those of 30Seconds or any of its employees, corporate partners or affiliates.
Take 30 seconds and join the 30Seconds community. Inspire and be inspired.
Related Products on Amazon We Think You May Like:
30Second Mobile, Inc. is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.