Traveling to Grandma's House During the Pandemic: Know Your Holiday Travel Risk This Year by Sophia L. Thomas, DNP, APRN, FNP-BC, PPCNP-BC, FNAP, FAANP
Last year, the Transportation Safety Administration estimated that nearly 115 million Americans traveled for the holidays. Due to the COVID-19 pandemic, that number is expected to plummet for 2020. The health crisis has caused families to reconsider whether to travel at all this year.
The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) says that staying home is the best way to protect yourself and your family from COVID-19. However, if you are going to travel, it’s critical to determine the safest way possible to do so. According to the CDC, there are four risk categories for methods of travel:
- Short trips by car with members of your household with no stops along the way.
- Longer trips by car with one or more stops along the way.
Even More Risk
- Trips by car with people who are not in your household
- Long-distance train or bus trips.
- Direct flights.
- Flights with layovers.
- Traveling on a cruise ship.
If you do travel, remember to follow CDC guidance on protecting yourself from catching COVID-19:
• Wear a face mask at all times.
• Avoid close contact with others by staying at least 6 feet apart.
• Wash your hands often and use hand sanitizer with at least 60 percent alcohol.
• Avoid touching your eyes, nose and mouth.
The content on 30Seconds.com is for informational and entertainment purposes only, and should not be considered medical advice. The information on this site should not be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, and is not a substitute for professional care. Always consult your personal healthcare provider. The opinions or views expressed on 30Seconds.com do not necessarily represent those of 30Seconds or any of its employees, corporate partners or affiliates.
Take 30 seconds and join the 30Seconds community. Inspire and be inspired.
Related Products on Amazon We Think You May Like:
Luggage $30 & Up
Face Masks $2 & Up
Hand Sanitizer $3 & Up
Travel Sanitizing Wipes $5 & Up
30Second Mobile, Inc. is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.