Halloween Health & Safety: 5 Fun Ways Your Family Can Have a Healthier Halloween by Sophia L. Thomas, DNP, APRN, FNP-BC, PPCNP-BC, FNAP, FAANP
As we continue to navigate the COVID-19 pandemic and flu season, it’s important to recognize that traditional Halloween activities like trick-or-treating can unfortunately increase the risk of spreading these viruses. Check out the following alternatives for a safe and spooky Halloween:
- Carve and decorate pumpkins with your loved ones, either in your home or outside. Make sure to display them afterward for all to see.
- Decorate your home for the holiday.
- Host a virtual Halloween costume contest or outside costume contest with your friends, neighbors and family.
- Settle down for a night of scary Halloween movies. Gather around the TV inside or create an outdoor theater in your backyard.
- Trick-or-treat inside by hiding Halloween candy around your house. This is a great alternative to going house to house on Halloween.
There are many ways for your family to enjoy Halloween while staying safe and healthy. If you are concerned that you or a loved one may be sick, do not participate in any Halloween activity where others may be exposed. Reach out to your health-care provider or nurse practitioner (NP) to help diagnose and treat your illness.
The content on 30Seconds.com is for informational and entertainment purposes only, and should not be considered medical advice. The information on this site should not be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, and is not a substitute for professional care. Always consult your personal healthcare provider. The opinions or views expressed on 30Seconds.com do not necessarily represent those of 30Seconds or any of its employees, corporate partners or affiliates.
Related Products on Amazon We Think You May Like:
Pumpkin Carving Kits $5 & Up
Halloween Decorations $5 & Up
Halloween Costumes $10 & Up
Halloween Movies $3 & Up
Halloween Candy $4 & Up
30Second Mobile, Inc. is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.