Back to School During the COVID-19 Pandemic: 6 Things to Talk to Kids About Before They Return to Class by Sophia L. Thomas, DNP, APRN, FNP-BC, PPCNP-BC, FNAP, FAANP
The start of school is racing toward us, and kids nationwide are itching to get back to school and be with their peers. However, with the constant threat of coronavirus (COVID-19), this school year will be anything but normal. Here are some things to discuss with children who may soon return to class.
- School will be different. Discuss with your children how this school year will be different, and explain that you need their help to keep the family healthy.
- Safe social distancing and face mask wearing are key. Emphasize the importance of safe social distancing and wearing masks while at school.
- Schedules may change as a result of staggered classes and mealtimes. Due to COVID-19, group sizes have been limited in many places, so many schools may stagger class and mealtime schedules to accommodate students.
- Communicate with teachers. Make sure your child is communicating with their teachers, especially if they are falling behind in class or having trouble with assignments.
- Keep an eye out for updates. It is important for you and your children to stay up to date on COVID-19 news and any announcements your children’s school issues regarding the pandemic or possible school closings.
- Continue monitoring your child’s health. When your child returns to campus, continue watching for symptoms of COVID-19 or other illness. Be sure to contact your nurse practitioner (NP) or other health-care provider if you or your child becomes ill.
The content on 30Seconds.com is for informational and entertainment purposes only, and should not be considered medical advice. The information on this site should not be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, and is not a substitute for professional care. Always consult your personal healthcare provider. The opinions or views expressed on 30Seconds.com do not necessarily represent those of 30Seconds or any of its employees, corporate partners or affiliates.
Take 30 seconds and join the 30Seconds community. Inspire and be inspired.
Related Products on Amazon We Think You May Like:
Face Masks for Kids $5 & Up
Travel Size Hand Sanitizer $3 & Up
School Supplies $1 & Up
Laptops $120 & Up
30Second Mobile, Inc. is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.