Emotional Brain Training: A New Antidote to Coronavirus (COVID-19) Pandemic Stress? by Dr. Laurel Mellin
We urgently need two vaccines: one for coronavirus (COVID-19) and another for the overwhelming stress the pandemic has caused. Here's why:
- Stress suppresses immunity, making us susceptible to catching the virus.
- It is an underlying cause of hypertension, diabetes and obesity, which increase COVID severity and its stress, resulting in an epidemic of mental health issues.
When stress is triggered, harmful chemicals are activated by a "stress reactive wire." Using simple tools, we can switch off that wire and activate a "stress resilient wire" that spews healing chemicals. Using this system, stress can be good for us. The stress reactive circuits only change when activated and we switch them off.
Consider the following:
- Why is a stress vaccine so important for all Americans to have now? Stress suppresses the effectiveness of the immune system and is a root cause of the co-morbidities that make COVID more lethal. Stress hormones activate unhealthy habits like overeating, drinking, sitting and sleep problems, and stress is the underlying cause of our epidemics of anxiety, depression and PTSD.
- What was the scientific breakthrough that led to EBT? We discovered that the emotional brain has five resiliency pathways that mirror the emotional processing response mothers use to encode resilience in their children. We made techniques that enable anyone to use these five simple pathways anytime to release stress.
- Why does our nation need to reboot our approach to stress with EBT? Research shows that traditional methods only use two of the five resiliency pathways, and work well in low stress but fail the test even at pre-COVID levels. Stress levels are more extreme now and our nation is ill-prepared to deal with these overwhelming levels. As a public health effort, we need to reboot for high-intensity stress effectiveness, and there is no better time to do it than right now.
- Why does the EBT system make stress good for us? By resetting our brain to become highly stress-effective, we bring out its natural healing powers. It's only during high-stress times when we’re connected to our feelings that we automatically update the brain with expectations that are in harmony with our changing world. If we are stress-effective, our daily dose of stress strengthens our resilience, which is the foundation of health and happiness and enhances our capacity to live a more purposeful life.
What do you think? Share your thoughts below.
The information on 30Seconds.com is for informational and entertainment purposes only, and should not be considered medical advice. The information provided through this site should not be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, and is not a substitute for professional care. Always consult your personal healthcare provider.
This video is longer than 30 seconds, but we think it's worth it.
Take 30 seconds and join the 30Seconds community. Inspire and be inspired.
Related Products on Amazon We Think You May Like:
30Second Mobile, Inc. is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.