Creative Easter Food Ideas for Kids: 10 Adorable Ways to Turn Mealtime Into Easter-themed Food Fun by Donna John
Easter may be tuned down a little (OK, a lot) because of the coronavirus (COVID-19) pandemic, but that doesn't mean you can't surprise your kids with some food fun. Better yet, create these Easter-themed masterpieces together! Here are 10 easy ideas:
1. Mashed Potato Bunny: Form mashed potatoes into a bunny shape. Use a carrot, black olives, ham and zucchini or green onion tops to complete the look.
2. Funny Open-Face Sandwich: Put a little lettuce on a piece of toasted bread and top with a round piece of cheese, like provolone. Create the face with pieces of carrot and black olives – and ham for the ears.
3. "Carrot" Salad: Form your child's favorite salad ingredients into a carrot shape. Top with freshly shredded carrot and use parsley or cilantro for the carrot's top. (If you bought carrots with carrot tops, use those!)
4. Rabbit-sauce: Fill a small bowl with applesauce. Create the rabbit using apples for ears, bananas for cheeks, a berry for the nose and either raisins or nuts for the eyes.
5. Bunny Oatmeal: Create a bunny face on your child's oatmeal using a banana and strawberry for the ears, banana and blueberry for the eyes, strawberry for the nose and either pieces of cheese or slivers of banana for the whiskers.
6. Deviled Chicks: Turn deviled eggs into adorable chicks by adding a face made of bits of black olive and red pepper.
8. Bunny Breakfast: Shape scrambled eggs into a circle on your child's plate. Use a breakfast sausage cut in half for the ears and pieces of cheese and veggies for the face.
9. "Carrot" Toast: Cut a piece of toasted bread into a carrot shape. Top with cream cheese, shredded carrot and finely chopped broccoli for a nutritious snack. (Get more detailed instructions for carrot toast.)
10. Bunny and Chicks: Hard-boiled eggs become a cute bunny and chicks when cut and presented the right way. Create the carrots out of very thin pieces of carrot (use a vegetable peeler) and carrot tops or parsley.
Take 30 seconds and join the 30Seconds community. Inspire and be inspired.
Related Products on Amazon We Think You May Like:
Vegetable Peelers $5 & Up
Black Olives $3 & Up
Oatmeal $3 & Up
Pancake Mix $2 & Up
Applesauce $2 & Up
Marshmallows $2 & Up
30Second Mobile, Inc. is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.