Creative Ways to Decorate Your House: How to Design Your Living Space With Memories of Home(s) by Marge Jesberger
No matter what you call home – an apartment, RV or a childhood home – you can decorate your space with the places you have lived in and turn memories into home decor. Here are some ideas:
- Put together a collage. Add photos of your baby’s nursery or a favorite family room. Embellish it with samples of leftover wallpaper or a fabric from your curtains or cushions. A shadow box works great for this project.
- Frame a photo of your kitchen and add some recipes passed down through generations.
- Grab a camera and feature your furnishings and treasures. My daughter-in-law took some black-and-white photos of interesting architecture from her own home. Close-up photos of a table leg and fancy china cover her accent wall.
- If you have lived in different dwellings and have pictures of their exteriors, turn them into artwork. Our first home is now a watercolor painting done by a dear friend. Our second home was a colonial-style pen-and-ink drawing. A photo taken with a panoramic view represents our current residence. Add your creativity. Put a mailbox in front with your past or present address on it.
- Have a dollhouse? Minimize pictures of interior walls, then place the photos in the tiny partitions on the back wall of your tiny house.
All of these projects will remind you of your home sweet homes.
Take 30 seconds and join the 30Seconds community. Inspire and be inspired.
Related Products on Amazon We Think You May Like:
30Second Mobile, Inc. is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.