Healthy Gift Ideas for Wellness: How to Give Someone You Love the Gift of Good Health This Holiday Season by Sophia L. Thomas, DNP, APRN, FNP-BC, PPCNP-BC, FNAP, FAANP
Finding the perfect gift for a loved one can be hard. Often the best ideas are things people wouldn’t do or buy for themselves, and for many, that involves healthy things. Less than 3 percent of adults live a healthy lifestyle – meaning they get enough exercise, score well on the healthy eating index, are not obese and don’t smoke. While collectively we average terrible health, most people fare better in some areas than others. Finding the areas your loved one struggles with most could be your ticket to stellar gift giving this season. Here are some ideas:
The Gift of Exercise
- Give a gym membership.
- Provide child care for a daily workout.
- Buy an exercise class package.
- Go for a nightly walk.
The Gift of Healthy Eating
- Hire a grocery delivery service.
- Volunteer to shop and/or cook.
- Pack healthy lunches.
- Put together a family meal plan.
The Gift of Better Overall Health
- Make them a primary care appointment to talk about lifestyle changes.
- Schedule overdue screenings (mammogram, prostate, diabetes, colonoscopy, etc.).
- Make healthy living a daily priority.
Consider how to give your loved ones the gift of better health this holiday season – the gift that keeps on giving all year long! Visit WeChooseNPs.org to learn more.
Take 30 seconds and join the 30Seconds community. Inspire and be inspired.
Related Products on Amazon We Think You May Like:
30Second Mobile, Inc. is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.