Back-to-School Health Checklist: 5 Things You Can Do to Start the Year Off Right by Sophia L. Thomas, DNP, APRN, FNP-BC, PPCNP-BC, FNAP, FAANP
Snapping back into the school routine can be tough. From new clothes and school supplies to summer assignments and forms, there’s a lot to keep track of this time of year, and your summer vibe may not jibe with your mounting to-do list. Here’s a health cheat sheet to make this transition your best yet:
- Make sure all vaccinations are up-to-date. Most schools require vaccinations to attend, unless you qualify for an exemption.
- Start a file for current health history forms. Some school nurses and camps require a copy, so have one on hand to distribute as needed.
- Get a sports physical. Kids only need one a year to play, so cross it off the list early and file the paperwork with the school to avoid a last-minute scramble.
- Get eyes checked. Prescriptions change as kids grow, so get your kids checked to make sure they can still see the board and aren’t straining to read.
- Keep tabs on their teeth. In addition to bi-yearly cleaning, it may be time for your child to see an orthodontist, so make an appointment for a consultation.
Start the school year off right by doing some health housekeeping. These five things can make your family healthier – and your life a lot easier! To learn more, visit WeChooseNPs.org.
Take 30 seconds and join the 30Seconds community. Inspire ... and be inspired.
Related Products on Amazon We Think You May Like:
Medical Records Organizers $6 & Up
Back-to-School Healthy Snacks $3 & Up
Gifts for Teachers $5 & Up
Gifts for School Nurses $5 & Up
30Second Mobile, Inc. is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.