How to Improve a Toxic Work Environment: 6 Self-Care Strategies to Start Now by Glenda Bundy
2 years ago
Add to collection
Recently, I've been talking to individuals that dread going to work, and as a result are experiencing stress, anxiety and depression. How does someone practice self-care while working in a toxic work environment? Here are some tips:
- Begin by not allowing yourself to be consumed by work 24/7. This depletes all your energy and leaves minimal left to maintain balance in your life.
- Intentionally create opportunities during the workday to decompress. Step away from your desk or workplace. Don’t be afraid to take breaks!
- Eat healthy foods to avoid energy slumps throughout the day – physically you’ll feel better.
- Commit to turning off the work clock. This means not booting up the company laptop during your time off. If you have don’t have set work hours, create them to set boundaries with work expectation.
- Focus on activities that allow you to channel energy into being your authentic self. For example, pull out the craft items and engage your creative side.
- Recognize you are navigating in a toxic work culture and address issues directly affecting you like negative cliques, major communication issues, etc. It may mean a trip to Human Resources (HR).
Your job does not validate your existence. Consider finding another place to be your best self.
Take 30 seconds and join the 30Seconds community, and follow us on Facebook to get inspiration in your newsfeed daily. Inspire and be inspired.
Related Products on Amazon We Think You May Like:
Books About Toxic Workplaces $3 & Up
Stress Balls $6
Meditation Apps Free & Up
Yoga Equipment $7 & Up
Desk Sign $14
30Second Mobile, Inc. is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.