Managing Motherhood: 8 Simple Time-Management Tips for Busy Moms by Leona Carter
As moms, it's often a notion that we will do "It" when we have time, but the reality is we have to make time for what’s important. Here are eight tips that help moms maximize time more effectively so that they are not running after time:
- Sleep is like your sister: Making sleep a priority minimizes wasting time due to sluggishness throughout the day. It’s important that sleep is welcomed like a little sister. She remains part of the family forever so love her and treat her well.
- Consistency works: Be sure you keep a consistent work schedule and not stress your mind and body trying to meet overarching deadlines. Leave work at 4:59 p.m. knowing that the tasks will be there tomorrow.
- “No” is not a curse word: You have to say “no” to others in order to say “yes” to yourself and your family without overextending your time. Although people may be shocked hearing it come from you, "no" won’t be the end all be all.
- Make a reasonable to-do-list: Having a doable to-do-list with no more than four or five items on your list is important. When you are done, reward and celebrate yourself. Do not add more things to your list. That’s not the kind of reward I had in mind. When we overdo our list we overdo our time with stress and frustration because we did not get to everything on the list.
- Multitasking is menacing: Complete one project at a time and enjoy the satisfaction of completion. Having six unfinished projects is not fulfilling. Everybody wants to feel complete, right?
- Say “poof” to perfection: As mothers, the goal is intentionality. If our hair and makeup don’t get done today as we hoped, we are still beautiful. Let perfection know she is not welcomed here and use your magic mommy wand and say poof to perfection.
- Minimize to maximize: Let’s minimize our electronic usage such as TV, internet and smartphones so that we can maximize our time toward goals, hobbies or other things that bring us a sense of purpose. Your future self will thank you for it.
- Back away from “The Takeover”: Backing away from the takeover empower others to do their part. When others are not doing their part, we have a tendency to say that famous line, “Never mind, I’ll just do it myself.” Our children, spouses or co-workers will eventually let us do all the work. I know we can do it better and faster but since we let go of perfection it doesn’t need to be perfect, it just needs to be done.
When we prioritize our time for the things that are important, we demonstrate to our children how much we love them. When we don’t tell time what to do time will quietly walk right passed us. Maximizing and treating time well is how we can appreciate the time we have.
Moms, continue to be amazing!
Related Products on Amazon We Think You May Like:
30Second Mobile, Inc. is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.