Moving Tips: Here Are 5 Keys to a Successful (and Less Stressful!) Move by Marge Jesberger
Whether you are moving across the street or across country, we all have emotional attachments to our current living arrangements. Here are some observations that have made our moves easier:
- Be Patient: I wanted to sell our existing home immediately. Unfortunately, bankers, lawyers and the real estate market had their own timetables. Use this time to build up your energy reserves for the actual move.
- Treasure Your Old Surroundings: Take photos of the people and things you never want to forget. Dig up some plants to take to your new home.
- Acknowledge the People You Are Leaving Behind: Assure your friends and relatives that you will keep in touch. When you get to your new location, follow through on your promise.
- Logistics, Logistics: Get everyone involved. Let them decide what is best for them. Gather their input. Maybe you could make part of your new space into an office for your husband or put up a basketball hoop for your kids. Point out all the positives your new living space will offer.
- Visualize What You Will Be Doing in 5 Years: See yourself visiting different states or counties. What does your new area have to offer? New restaurants, theaters, parks?
Related Products on Amazon We Think You May Like:
30Second Mobile, Inc. is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.