"The People’s House": Why the White House Should Inspire You to Take Your Voice to the Polls & Rock the Vote by Elisa Schmitz
Things may seem a bit sideways these days. Our country once again seems to be a nation divided. But today, as my husband, Dieter, and I walked by “The People’s House,” at the exact moment both the President and Vice President were speaking with reporters in the Oval Office, I pushed past the negative energy I felt from it. Why?
- Because the Presidency is an institution much bigger and more enduring than just one person.
- Because we have been through many challenging times throughout our history and have always found a way forward, even if progress sometimes means one step forward and two steps back.
- Because being an American is much more important than being a Republican or a Democrat.
- Because we have so much to be grateful for, and to look forward to.
- Because we have the power to change things when we vote.
So keep smiling, my friends. We’re the UNITED States and we’ve got this. Take your voice to the polls and vote!
“You’ve always had the power, my dear. You just had to learn it for yourself.” – Glinda the Good Witch, "The Wizard of Oz"
This article was originally published in 2018.
The content on 30Seconds.com is for informational and entertainment purposes only. The opinions or views expressed on 30Seconds.com do not necessarily represent those of 30Seconds or any of its employees, corporate partners or affiliates.
Take 30 seconds and join the 30Seconds community. Inspire and be inspired.
Related Products on Amazon We Think You May Like:
30Second Mobile, Inc. is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.