40 Epic Experience Gift Ideas for Kids & Adults (Skip the Material Things!) by Jessica Acree
It's easy to slip into the materialism of gift giving, especially during the holiday season or the never-ending slew of kids birthday parties. Most of the time, intentions are well meaning and thoughtful, but when the "best price ever" sales begin to cloud our judgment, it's easy to take it too far.
Toys are fun, gadgets are fun, trinkets are pretty, but after the initial excitement wears off, what happens? The items once briefly obsessed over are lost in the mix of the busy playroom, cluttered cabinets or bursting closets.
So, what kind of gift can you give that keeps on giving? My family has recently made a conscious effort to try and cut back on the overwhelm by giving experience-based gifts instead. It has been a great, worthwhile change! The possibilities are really endless once you start thinking about it, but I'll give you some ideas to help you get started!
- Tickets: movies, plays, sporting events, concerts, amusement parks, zoos, bowling, indoor skydiving, comedy, etc.
- Fuel Creativity: books, art supplies, magazine subscriptions, "Grow a Butterfly" kit, games, etc.
- Memberships: children's museum, planetarium, gym, Amazon Prime, Netflix, Costco, spa, etc.
- Classes: swim lessons, dance, painting, cooking, soccer, crafting, gymnastics, computer, gardening, etc.
- Trips: family vacation, weekend getaway, airline credit, train pass, winery tour, water park, etc.
- Other Ideas: date night and babysitter, escape room, photography package, family recipe box, etc.
The goal is to create lasting memories that outweigh gifts selected out of obligation or expectation. Make your choices more intentional and I promise, you'll be wowed by the benefits.
Comment below with your own ideas or experiences!
Related Products on Amazon We Think You May Like:
Grow a Butterfly Kits $14 & Up
30Second Mobile, Inc. is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.