Library Cards: Here Are 8 Reasons Why Your Family Needs One Now! by Alice V
The last time I had a library card was before a desktop computer and the internet was as common as bread in a household. Since then, a lot has changed and I recently found myself in a nostalgic state of mind when I obtained a new library card for my kids. So why would you want a library card in the day of instant media access and information?
- It saves you money because borrowing books from a library is free!
- It gives you access to a wide range of books and topics to choose from.
- If you don't like something you borrowed, you can return it!
- Grab a book for yourself, your kids and your spouse!
- Some libraries have story time for toddlers and play centers inside the library!
- You can also borrow movies, magazines and audio books.
- You can join a book club that meets at the library and mingle with some new friends.
- Some libraries have teen centers and special events.
If this list wasn't enough to motivate you to get a library card, then I don't know what will. So much has changed over time. Do I think it's worth it? Oh yes, and I can't wait to take my kids back again!