Every Kid Deserves to Experience Life As an Only Child (Even for Only an Hour a Month!) by Tanya Kuzmanovic
4 years ago
Add to collection
As a mother of three, I want to remind my kids that each of them is my own personal favorite. It might seem time consuming, even impossible considering I have a small brood, but it isn't. Because it doesn't take grand gestures or lots of cash to shine a spotlight on your kid. In fact, it's the little things that work best. Here are six ordinary ways I make each of my kids feel special:
- I tell them they have an appointment on a specific day at lunch time (they don’t). Then I swing by school and instead take them for a bite to eat at their favorite restaurant – just the two of us.
- I ask my kid to pick a show (even “Caillou!”) and we sit down and watch it together.
- When my kid brings home artwork they are proud of or worked hard on, I surprise them by framing it and hanging it in our home for all to see.
- Private jokes are the cornerstone of any strong and meaningful relationship. So, I make sure there are plenty between me and each of my kids.
- Whatever's on my to-do list (errands, baking, grocery shopping), I ask one of my kids to tag along and help me.
- Two words: ice cream. Anytime, anywhere. What kid doesn't feel special with a melting ice cream cone in hand?
How do you make your kids feel special?
Take 30 seconds and join the 30Seconds community. Inspire and be inspired.