Life Skills for Changing Times: Here Are 5 Timeless & Necessary Life Values for Parents & Kids by Roma Khetarpal
What is it that we can teach our children now that will carry them through all of life’s changes? If change is the only constant, how do we equip our kids to keep up – to find fulfillment, joy and happiness through changing times? Here are my top five life skills or values that that will carry our kids, support them and help them grow:
- Be present and in the moment. When we are in the now, we are focused on the task at hand.
- Have faith in and stay connected to yourself. Most of our anxiety comes from our intense need to compare ourselves with others.
- Stay rooted in oneness. It is our responsibility to support oneness in all that we do for our children through our communication habits.
- Know that all of life challenges us to grow. If we want to thrive and not wither away, we must commit to growth, and that only comes with challenges.
- Balance effort with letting go. You might not always get hat you expect, but find the joy in doing your best.
With these mindsets, we prepare ourselves and our children to sail over the waves of change and enjoy this ever-changing ride called life.