The Call of Nature: Why You Need to Get Outdoors Right Now! by Debra Mitchell
The last few weeks I have been spending a lot of time in the natural world – kayaking, swimming, hiking, doing my morning meditation and yoga outdoors, eating meals on the porch. I started experiencing a deeper connection with the world around me. I moved into a more natural, relaxed state and felt in tune with the rhythms of the earth.
Being outdoors is a more natural environment and allows us to feel our place in creation, along with the elements, plant world and animals. This is a wonderful feeling. It can translate to a sense of freedom. It made me realize how important it is to be outdoors every day. And specifically, for me, to spend more time outdoors than inside each day.
If this resonates with you, then start now! Summer makes it easy. Think of the things you normally do in a day that could be done outdoors:
- Spend some time every day in nature, walking, hiking, swimming.
- Find a natural body of water, a lake or river to swim or dip your feet in.
- Waterfalls are also incredible for rejuvenation.
- Walk barefoot in your yard and connect with the grounding energies of the earth.
- Hug a tree and allow its trifold energies (grounding, integration, uplift) to flow through your body!
How do you connect with nature?
Take 30 seconds and join the 30Seconds community. Inspire and be inspired.
Related Products on Amazon We Think You May Like:
Mindfulness Journals $6 & Up
30Second Mobile, Inc. is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.