Money-Saving Grocery Shopping Tips: Here Are a Chef's Best-Kept Supermarket Secrets by Chef Gigi
When it comes to grocery shopping, there are tried-and-true rules you probably already know. But here are a few small reminders on how to save some hard-earned cash!
- Shop generic brands (or at least try ’em before you judge ’em).
- Don’t fork over more cash for pre-chopped produce. Ever!
- Clip a coupon every now and then (at least).
- Most stores repeat their sales cycle every six weeks, but your store might be different. To figure out the rhythm, make a list of 10 items that you buy frequently at one or more store. Then, make a point of tracking. When it hits sale price, you can stock up with several weeks worth of the item instead of buying it every week at higher prices.
- Most grocery chains start their sale ads during the middle of the week. The best time to shop is the first day of the sale, in the morning. The store should be well stocked with the best items. Never see that empty sale shelf again!
- If you did miss the sale on your favorite products, ask the checkout person for a rain check and the retailer should honor the sale price on your next visit.
How do you save money at the grocery store? Please share below!
Take 30 seconds and join the 30Seconds community. Inspire and be inspired.
Related Products on Amazon We Think You May Like:
30Second Mobile, Inc. is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.