Misunderstandings: A 6-Step Plan of Action to Make the Outcome Better by Raquel Masco
Misunderstandings. Communication and exchanges that turn out badly and ineffective. These things seem to make the world go around sometimes. For example, we can have misunderstandings when we are waiting for people and they don't show up on time. How can we make the outcome better? Our response! These tips are based on my real-life experience of waiting for someone to show up – and it starts with a plan of action.
- Put down a time limit. Put the time you can and will wait for the person, keeping in my mind your other responsibilities.
- Commit to not “nag texting.” It is on the other person to text with any issues.
- Pray and think well of the other person. You have no idea what is happening on their end.
- Commit to not passing harsh judgment on the person. Remember, they don't stop being a human being because they are late.
- Commit to not feeling rejected. If you've been let down in the past (probably all of us have) your mind can take you back to the time. Keep in mind this is not that situation.
- Keep in mind the context. If the person being late is not life or death or will cause some great humiliation, do not give it that much power.
My outcome was so great and stress free. Yours can be, too!