DIY Home Decor: How to Make a Pottery Barn-Inspired Capiz Lantern by Samantha Aleman
Love Pottery Barn décor but hate the high price? Now you can make your own Lilly Pulitzer for Pottery Barn capiz lantern for a fraction of the cost!
- glass lantern with gold accents (I used this glass lantern from Walmart)
- Rust-oleum frosted glass spray paint
- acrylic paint in gold
- painters tape
- access to a printer
Here's how to make it:
- Place painters tape on the inside base of the lantern.
- Spray paint the inner walls of the lantern with the frosted glass.
- Print out a mermaid tail design, and scribble on the back of the printed paper (opposite side of the print) with pencil until it is completely coated.
- Tape the printed paper to the outside of the lantern with the pencil-scribbled side against the glass.
- Trace, with a bit of pressure, the mermaid tail design, until the pencil has been transferred to the glass with the design.
- Continue to move the printed paper around the glass lantern and trace until the lantern has covered in the mermaid tail design.
- Trace over the penciled design on the glass lantern with gold acrylic paint. Allow to dry completely.
- Place a candle or battery operated candle inside for a luminous effect.
Related Products on Amazon We Think You May Like:
Gold Glass Lanters $8 & Up
Acrylic Paint in Gold $2 & Up
Painter's Tape $3 & Up
30Second Mobile, Inc. is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.