Want to Travel? 5 Benefits of Traveling Nationally or Abroad From World Traveler Lonnell Williams! by Alex Bryant
5 years ago
Add to collection
Are you considering traveling nationally or abroad? Here are five reasons from media influencer and world traveler Lonnell Williams why to go now!
- The education: Textbooks, television, lectures, Internet, etc., are very useful tools to learn about specific destinations, but nothing is more impactful than actually being there.
- Enrichment of your life: Seeing the world from a perspective outside the media lens of your home country does wonders for your mind, body and spirit.
- Improves communication skills: Getting out of your comfort zone, travel (especially to destinations where your native language is not spoken) encourages your creativity as you find effective ways to communicate (smiling helps).
- Teaches flexibility: When things don’t go as planned during travel, you must find ways to surrender from worry and focus on a corrective plan of action. This can be uncomfortable but provides invaluable life skills.
- The memories: So often we invest in things instead of experiences. Travel memories will do more for your well-being than any of the material trinkets we're encouraged to value. There's a huge world out there … get out and see if for yourself.