Want to Travel? 5 Benefits of Traveling Nationally or Abroad From World Traveler Lonnell Williams! by Alex Bryant
10 months ago
Are you considering traveling nationally or abroad? Here are five reasons from media influencer and world traveler Lonnell Williams why to go now!
- The education: Textbooks, television, lectures, Internet, etc., are very useful tools to learn about specific destinations, but nothing is more impactful than actually being there.
- Enrichment of your life: Seeing the world from a perspective outside the media lens of your home country does wonders for your mind, body and spirit.
- Improves communication skills: Getting out of your comfort zone, travel (especially to destinations where your native language is not spoken) encourages your creativity as you find effective ways to communicate (smiling helps).
- Teaches flexibility: When things don’t go as planned during travel, you must find ways to surrender from worry and focus on a corrective plan of action. This can be uncomfortable but provides invaluable life skills.
- The memories: So often we invest in things instead of experiences. Travel memories will do more for your well-being than any of the material trinkets we're encouraged to value. There's a huge world out there … get out and see if for yourself.