America: Stand Up for Our Kids & Tell Congress to Pass Gun Control Laws! by Mike Prochaska
America needs to get mad! Americans need to take notice. Americans need to vote! If you want change, you need to stand up and let your voice be heard! We are not going to fix this country unless Americans stand up! Vote against politicians who support the NRA. Let your voices be heard, not just on Facebook and Twitter. We need to email our congress men and congress women. If they don’t listen, we need to vote them out of office.
Guns shouldn’t be anywhere near our schools. This country has a gun problem and we must fix it. “18 times a firearm has discharged a live round on a school campus in the U.S. in the first 45 days of 2018," according to Everytown.org. Enough with the hollow "thoughts and prayers" from lawmakers. We need action not prayers.
- 17 more families won’t hear their children laugh anymore.
- 17 more parents outlived their children.
- 17 more parents who won’t hear their children’s voices anymore.
- 17 more parents whose lives will never be the same!
- 17 more parents who wonder who protects our children at school. (A question every parent is asking him or herself this week.)
- 17 more funerals. (No parent should bury their child. No child/teacher/school support worker should ever go through this. School is a community, a family, a place of learning. Not a place to die.)
- 17 more families in a state of shock.
- 17 more sets of parents wishing they could hold and smell their perfect child one last time.
- 17 more best friends lost.
- 17 more people are in the ground.
- 17 more reasons for gun control.
- 17 more kids who will never get off the bus again and ask their parents what’s for dinner.
No parent should have to worry about their children not coming home when they send them to school. We need to end this chain of tragedy – now.
Imagine dropping your child off at school, thinking they are safe and are in good hands. Imagine being one of the parents who went to that school and did not see their child walk out. This is not the world I want to raise my children in. We must change the world for OUR children, so please get mad and call, write and email your congress person and ask for stronger gun laws.
Photo: A woman holds up a sign saying "Protect Kids Not Guns" at a Moms Demand Action anti-gun rally in Woodruff Park in Atlanta, Ga., on April 29, 2017 (Bigstock)