Unique Fundraising Ideas: Here's a Fun & Clever Way to Raise Money! by Marge Jesberger
Make a Difference
a year ago
Hosting a fundraiser and need a creative way to raise money for your cause or organization? Here’s a fun idea!
- A week or two before the event, hand out cardboard trays (the ones used to separate soda cans).
- Pick a dollar amount. For instance, "Please fill with $5 or $10 worth of items."
- Everyone can pick their own theme.
- A birthday tray could contain a cake mix, can of frosting, candles and an oven mitt.
- Fill one full of lottery tickets, cards and dice for a lucky tray.
- For a sports theme, add chips, dip and a Nerf soccer or football.
- You could add netting or clear plastic and ribbons for the top. Then decorate the bottoms with wrapping paper or foil.
When finished, hold a raffle or have a tea cup auction. A bonus is that all the cardboard can be recycled! It’s great for all ages.