Tip Teasers: Consider This Our Writer’s Challenge to the Tribe! by Donna John
The tribe vibe really shines through all the great tips submitted every day. Your passion for the topics you write about is evident – and inspires even beyond the tribe. Continue to write about those things, but consider stepping outside of the box and tackling new topics and categories. To help get those creative juices flowing and kick the sides out of that box, we’ll start sharing weekly tip teasers. We cannot wait to see your unique spin on these topics! And remember, the Photo Challenge is another great way to fire up creative thought. Just send me an email at email@example.com and let me know that you want a photo. You’ll get one in your inbox and then write a tip based on the photo. Fun, huh? Now on to the tip teasers…
- Pregnancy: You may or may not have noticed that we stealth-launched our new Pregnancy Channel. Check out all the great categories on Pregnancy and write a tip that fits into any of those categories, or if you have a new idea, please feel free to go for it! (And no, you don't need to be pregnant or have ever been pregnant in order to write a tip about pregnancy!) You can even share your birth story! People always love reading those!
- Back to School: It's almost time for those kiddos to head back to the classroom. Share your back-to-school tips, tricks, hacks and wisdom with us! It could be a clever way to save money on school supplies, how to curb first-day jitters, first-day photo ideas, a tear-jerking story about your kid's first day, an organization idea, homework helpers, teacher appreciation gifts, an easy busy morning breakfast recipe ... anything!
- Dads: Dads, we want to hear from you! What does fatherhood mean to you? Advice for first-time dads? How do you have fun with your kids? How do you balance work and family? Have a funny story to share? Parenting hack? Wisdom? Don't be shy ... send it in!
- Happiness: Are you happy? Tell us what makes you happy. What does "happy" mean to you? How can you spread happiness to others? Not happy? How can you start being happy today? Don't forget your kids, too! How can we, as parents, help our kids live a happy life? (Read Harry Hoover's tip, "Choose to Be Happy: 13 Ways to Commit to Happiness Daily for a Better Life.")
- Humor: We want you to make us laugh! Have you read Tracy Neubauer-Cunningham's posts? We are still LOLing! If writing humor is new to you, step out of that comfort zone and give it a try for our new humor category. Dads, you, too!
Now sit down at that computer and start writing! Know someone who would enjoy writing for 30Seconds? Tell them to sign up today or, if they're already a member, to submit their first tip!