Tip Teasers: Consider This Our Writer’s Challenge to the Tribe! by Donna John
The tribe vibe really shines through all the great tips submitted every day. Your passion for the topics you write about is evident – and inspires even beyond the tribe. Continue to write about those things, but consider stepping outside of the box and tackling new topics and categories. To help get those creative juices flowing and kick the sides out of that box, we’ll start sharing weekly tip teasers. We cannot wait to see your unique spin on these topics! And remember, the Photo Challenge is another great way to fire up creative thought. Just send me an email at email@example.com and let me know that you want a photo. You’ll get one in your inbox and then write a tip based on the photo. Fun, huh? Now on to the tip teasers…
- International Day of Happiness: March 20 is the International Day of Happiness. What makes you happy? How did you find happiness? What does happiness mean to you? To your kids? To your family? What is the key to happiness? Share your happiness-related tips and help spread the happy bug!
- World Poetry Day: March 21 is World Poetry Day. And guess what? We have a new Poems category! Get creative and write a poem. It could be inspirational, silly, funny, a personal story, to your kids, to your spouse ... anything!
- Kids Say the Darnedest Things: It's said that if you want to hear the truth, just ask a child. Has your child (or someone else's) said something that just stuck with you? Made you laugh? Embarrassed the heck out of you? Pushed you to make a life change or have an a-ha moment? We want to hear about it! (Read a 10-year-old's thoughts on his Tourette syndrome.)
- Spring Cleaning: Spring will be here before we know it, and with spring comes ... spring cleaning! Share your cleaning secrets, tips, hacks, DIY cleaning solutions and shortcuts.
- Pregnancy: We are working on a brand-new pregnancy website and we are looking for tips from seasoned moms like you. Share your wit and wisdom with first-time moms-to-be as they travel down the road to parenthood.
- Gift Guides: Are you known as a great gift giver? Put together a list of your favorite items! Write an intro and send in a list of Amazon urls with it. Try to keep a theme to your guide like Ann Marie Gardinier Halstead's "15 Must-Have Gifts for Moms Who Are Tired & Stressed AF" or Donna John's "40 Gifts for Wine Lovers That Are Better Than a Bottle of Cab."
- Inspire ... and Be Inspired: We all want to be inspired – or inspire someone else. What does inspiration mean to you? How do you inspire others? Has someone inspired you and it changed your life? Tell us about it!
Now sit down at that computer and start writing! Know someone who would enjoy writing for 30Seconds? Tell them to sign up today or, if they're already a member, to submit their first tip!
Take 30 seconds and join the 30Seconds community. Inspire ... and be inspired.