Overcoming Perfectionism: 5 Ways to Help Avoid Anxiety & Depression & Find Peace! by 30Seconds Mom
An article on Yahoo Lifestyle, "The 'Irrational Desire' Driving Millennials and Gen Z Into Depression," mentioned a study that shows kids these days are more obsessed with perfection than many previous generations were, and this obsession is associated with increased depression and anxiety. According to Lee Volpe, author of "Black Sheep Tries Bleach: Humorous Stories to Ease Life’s Growing Pains," laughter may seem out of reach at times, but learning to go with the flow and laughing at the imperfections along the way is where many can find joy and ultimately … peace. Here is some advice from Volpe to help avoid anxiety and depression:
- STOP: What feels like forever is only just a moment.
- BREATHE: In the quiet moments you may hear the most.
- LAUGH: Find the “fun” – you have to sometimes. Humor is in any given situation, even in the most inappropriate, you can still see the “sick” humor, whether you turn a blind-eye or not.
- PLAY: Go find your own fun, your “tribe” of people, your favorite things – and spoil yourself!
- LOVE: Love yourself, your “beauty marks,” as well as your "scars." They make you uniquely you, our differences are what make us shine.
Related Products on Amazon We Think You May Like:
30Second Mobile, Inc. is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.