Playful Mornings: Start the Day With Play & This Fun Breakfast Game by Teacher Karen
Are you a morning person or a night owl? Maybe a better question: How about your kids? Are they in sync with you? If not, getting everyone up and out the door can put a negative spin on everyone’s day. Time-management types that deal with organizational issues often suggest ideas like:
- Setting out the kids’ clothes the night before.
- Gathering homework, signing forms and returning everything into backpacks.
- Making lunch the night before.
- Adding extra time into your morning routine.
Those suggestions are helpful, but the crux of the problem, for most families with young children, is the child’s budding independence wanting to have a say in what they do and when they do it – getting dressed, eating or peeing! Retool your morning with a play-full attitude! For example, make breakfast a game – one where your kiddo will be able to make decisions, decisions on the how and where.
- jumbo foam die
- raisins and/or nuts
- peanut butter
Here's how to play:
- Slice banana in half and set on plate.
- Let your child spread peanut butter onto the banana.
- Have your kiddo roll die for the number of raisins (or nuts) to put on the banana half.
- The number of times to roll the die equals the child’s age.
Take 30 seconds and join the 30Seconds community. Inspire and be inspired.
Related Products on Amazon We Think You May Like:
30Second Mobile, Inc. is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.