When Your College Kid Moves Far Away: 5 Important Lessons They'll Learn by Cindy Hlywa
Some young adults need to go far away to realize their potential. When our oldest rebounded from a “practice semester” at a nearby state school, he landed 1000 miles away to start fresh in Florida. Though we miss him dearly, here are a few lessons he’d never have learned had he stayed local:
- You will never take for granted your family, and those friends who’ve treated you as family your whole life.
- Their willingness to support, advise and love you has never been more crucial to your well-being.
- You are capable of “adulting” – from bills, to budgeting, to negotiating a new city, you are brave and resourceful.
- You prioritize your education because you’ve had a glimpse of the alternative.
- Independence is exhilarating. Making your own decisions empowers you to grow into who you are going to be – and that’s a beautiful phenomenon.
Related Products on Amazon We Think You May Like:
30Second Mobile, Inc. is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.