DIY Holiday-Themed Sensory Tub for Kids: A Playtime Idea for Fun, Learning & Giving! by Teacher Karen
The holiday season is upon us! Let your kiddo have fun while developing motor skills, eye-hand coordination, problem-solving skills, math readiness/awareness, length, area and volume concepts, and creativity. How? With a sensory tub of wrapping materials! With this sensory activity your kids can experience the joy of giving, too!
- shallow plastic container
- shredded paper confetti/gift bag filler
- gift bags
- various small empty boxes
- wrapping and tissue paper
- gift tags
- blunt-tipped scissors
- optional: holiday accents like artificial holly sprigs, Santas, jingle bells, etc.
Here's how to do it:
- Fill plastic container with shredded paper, bows and ribbons.
- Add boxes, wrapping and tissue paper and gift tags.
- Provide markers, scissors and tape. Demonstrate use of scissors or how to pull a small amount out and tear it off, if needed.
- Let your child explore the sensory tub and create decorated packages and bags!
- Add small items like travel-sized toiletries or some treats for your child to actually wrap up to give!
Note: Be mindful of possible choking hazards with young children when filling your sensory tub.
Related Products on Amazon We Think You May Like:
Shredded Confetti $4 & Up
Bows $5 & Up
Ribbon $4 & Up
Gift Bags $6 & Up
Gift Tags $6 & Up
Markers $4 & Up
Scissors $2 & Up
Tape $3 & Up
Jingle Bells $7 & Up
30Second Mobile, Inc. is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.