#GivingTuesday: How Are You Giving Back & Helping Others? by Ann Marie Gardinier Halstead
“#GivingTuesday is a global day of giving fueled by the power of social media and collaboration” celebrated on the Tuesday following Thanksgiving (in the U.S.) and the popular holiday shopping days “Black Friday” and “Cyber Monday.” #GivingTuesday kicks off the season of charitable giving for many, as they help others through the gift of their time, donations or voices.
On November 27, you can join the movement and give. According to GivingTuesday.org, “It’s a simple idea. Whether you come together with your family, your community, your company or your organization, find a way to give back...” Share how you are giving back on #GivingTuesday by commenting below and by posting your #UNselfie on your social media. Visit GivingTuesday.org to learn how to:
- Sign up for an e-newsletter to receive the latest updates, graphics and ideas.
- Search for nonprofits in your community and contact them to see how you can help.
- Enter the #MyGivingStory contest.
- Visit the Great Giving resource page.
- Check out materials from the Laura Arrillaga-Andreessen Foundation to “elevate your giving from having momentary meaning to becoming monumentally meaningful."
Become an ambassador for the movement!