Kids & Recess: All Children Need Physical Education (Teens & Tweens, Too!) by Mike Prochaska
All children need recess and gym – not just little kids. High-schoolers and middle-schoolers, too! In states where physical education (PE) is required, according to Active Living Research, the following was found:
- High school girls were active 37 more minutes per week.
- Teens who were active in school were 20 percent more likely to get an A in English and math.
- Children who get at least 20 minutes of recess a day have a lower body mass index than peers.
Here are more benefits of recess for kids:
- Provides learning opportunities.
- Research shows taking short breaks appears to help children focus better.
- Promotes social competence by allowing opportunities to practice new skills.
- Helps kids negotiate and solve problems.
- Kids interact with a wider range of children.
Related Products on Amazon We Think You May Like:
30Second Mobile, Inc. is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.